Home

Welcome to the online home of Pemberton Conservative Club.

We are a Members Club in Wigan, and we are essentially a Social Club with recreational facilities.

The Club was opened in April 1905, the original name being ‘The Pemberton Conservative Working Men’s Club’. This replaced earlier premises, and the Club was originally founded in 1885. 

At this time, there was no Labour Party and Wigan was a Conservative seat.

The land on which the Club stands was deeded to the Club by Squire Bankes, and we still have contact with the trustees of the Bankes Estate. The Club building was built by the members at the time; the majority of whom seem to have been employed in the construction industry. The day to day upkeep and maintenance of the building and facilities is still undertaken by a group of volunteer members, and thanks is given to them for their efforts.

We are located close (about ¼ mile) to the M6 motorway junction 27 and on a regular bus route. The Club is about 30 minutes walk from the JJB stadium and has a public car park immediately adjacent to the Club premises. Parties can be catered for by prior arrangement.

We hope you enjoy this website, why not find out more about us, or get in touch. 

Getting British Business Online
Subpages (1): Application Forms